Forrestdale Community Kindy & Playgroup
Forrestdale Community Kindergarten is a community based non-profit Kindergarten service for children 3 years of age, which is governed by a Parent Committee.
Forrestdale Community Kindergarten’s mission is to provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment, which promotes a love of learning that, will last a lifetime. We aim to make our kindergarten a welcoming place for students, parents, families and the wider community.
Please read the information in this booklet to help you see that Forrestdale Community Kindergarten is the place for your child’s early education. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to consult with our staff members.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to Forrestdale Community Kindergarten.
Forrestdale Community Kindy
(08) 9397 0711
3 Weld St, Forrestdale WA 6112
Forrestdale Community Kindergarten provides a 3-year-old kindergarten program with the following aims:
- Encouraging children to make decisions and take responsibility for their own behaviour;
- Encouraging children to share and actively participate in their own learning journey;
- Engaging, supporting and inspiring Educators to provide a warm, respectful environment with professional manner;
- Encouraging collaboration with the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) ; and
- Implementation of the National Quality Standards and use of the Early Years
- Learning Framework to the best of our ability.
During the day your child will learn
- The importance of participating in tasks and following instructions
- To develop self-confidence and a sense of achievement in everything they do.
- To be independent and responsible for their own belongings
- Sharing and caring for peers
- How to appreciate others feelings; to accept good and bad feelings
- The importance of hygiene
- Many early learning foundations, for example basic shape, number and colour recognition
Important skills to assist in preparation for four year old kindergarten
Children will experience many activities focusing on Sensory Play, (learning through senses), Manipulative Play (learning through touching/feeling), Creative Play (learning through making), Dramatic Play (learning through role-playing) and Exploratory Play (learning through finding out).
Each term we will focus on a different theme and your child will participate in a wide range of craft and fun activities.
If you have any queries about the program, please do not hesitate to contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org